Historical museum complexes
Naples National Archaeological Museum
The National Archaeological Museum of Naples (MANN) is a historic museum, one of the most important in the Neapolitan city. Boasting the richest and most valuable heritage of works of art and artifacts of archaeological interest in Italy, it is considered one of the most important archaeological museums in the world if not the most important in the history of the Roman era.
Artistic lighting of the Farnese collection
At the National Archaeological Museum in Naples, one of the most valuable collections in the world is made up of the so-called "Farnese Collection".
It is a collection of works of art born in the Renaissance period at the behest of Alessandro Farnese (1468-1549) who from 1543 began collecting both and commissioning works to the greatest artists of the time.
Developed in 1564 thanks to the Roman sculptures found in the baths of Caracalla, it expanded between Rome, Parma and Piacenza. Today it is entirely at the MANN in Naples.
The Trisciuoglio study was commissioned to carry out a lighting study in the years 2008-2009 because the Superintendent considered it completely unsatisfactory as it exists, especially with regard to the two most important pieces of the whole collection: the Hercules Winner and the famous Bull Farnese. The latter, named "Il Supplizio di Dirce", better known as Toro Farnese, is a Hellenistic marble sculptural group, found in the baths of Caracalla in Rome in 1545,
It is the largest sculpture of antiquity ever found.
The study was carried out not only theoretically but also with a series of countless field tests, to identify the shades of light, the methodologies of adjustments and any other measures to leave to the spectacular forms of this monoblock sculpture, all its original and incredible beauty. In particular, the play of light and shadow was exalted, first absolutely canceled by simple and strong projectors that "flatten" the sculptural group eliminating almost its three-dimensionality.
The practical realization, perfectly executed, completed the work and the result ended up in the pages of all the newspapers. In particular, the article that is repeated here, was published in several languages and even reached China and Japan.
Since 1967 it has been operating in the field of plants, first electric and then, following the evolution of the market, in the field of special and mechanical plants. It has locations in Italy and abroad. The headquarters are located in Naples.